distillery search  |  pre-pro.com home


RD #112, 8 th District
Anderson County, KY

(Est. 1868)


1868: The distillery was built by Walker, Martin & Co., consisting of Monroe Walker, Sam P Martin and James Ripy (Anderson News, June 1906, cited in Cecil, 1999).

1869: The distillery was sold to W H McBrayer and Thomas B Ripy (son of James above).

1870: Ripy becomes sole owner.

1890: The old still-house was replaced with a new, three-street brick building.

1892: Insurance underwriters suggest that the distillery was brick-built with a metal or slate roof. The property included a cattle barn and a shed some distance removed from the still house, and thee warehouses:
Warehouse A or No. 1 -- brick, stone and iron-clad with a metal or slate roof, located 118 ft north of the still.
Warehouse B or No. 2 -- iron-clad with a metal or slate roof, located 330 ft south of the still and 101 ft beyond C
Warehouse C or No. 3 -- frame and iron-clad, located 118 ft SE of the still.

At the time, the distillery was being operated as "T B Ripy's Cliff Springs Dist'g Co." and as "Anderson County Sour Mash Dist'g Co. No 112."

1899: The distillery was acquired by The Trust in the guise of the newly-formed Kentucky Distilleries & Warehouse Corp.

1920: Prohibition closed the distillery and it was dismantled.

Aliases that this distillery's product was sold under
Review bonded warehouse transactions for this distillery

This distillery provided product that was sold under the following aliases:

Internal Revenue recorded warehouse transactions for this distillery as follows:
( explain: origin of these records, letter codes )

<top of page

Copyright © 2006-2021 www.pre-pro.com.  All rights reserved.