distillery search  |  pre-pro.com home


The Silver Creek Distillery
RD #541, 8 th District
Madison County, KY



In 1871, the Silver Creek distillery was running under the control of W S Collins.

By 1884, W S Hume & Co. had gained control. Cecil (1999) notes that George T Stagg manged the plant and owned a share of the company.

Insurance underwriter records compiled in 1892 suggest that the distillery was of frame construction with a metal or slate roof. The property included a cattle shed, 32 ft south of the still house, and two warehouses:
Warehouse A -- a free warehouse, brick construction with a metal or slate roof, located 35 ft west of the still.
Warehouse B -- half free, half bonded, brick construction with a metal or slate roof, located 65 ft north of the still.

At the time, the still was being operated by W S Hume & Co. The insurance records also note that the warehouses of the Warwick Distillery had been built only feet away.

By 1905, the company had become Hume & Lancaster Distilleries Co., which was controlled in part by the Trust.

The distillery eventually became wholey owned and run by the Trust.

Aliases that this distillery's product was sold under
Review bonded warehouse transactions for this distillery

The Silver Creek Distillery provided product that was sold under the following aliases:

Internal Revenue recorded warehouse transactions for The Silver Creek Distillery as follows:
( explain: origin of these records, letter codes )

<top of page

Copyright © 2006-2021 www.pre-pro.com.  All rights reserved.