distillery search  |  pre-pro.com home


The Buffalo Springs Distillery
RD #105, 7 th District
Scott County, KY



The distillery was orginally established in 1853 by Robert Samuels, in building that has previously served as a woolen mill.

1868: The distillery was acquired by the Criglers of Covington, KY.

1890: The distillery was sold to Morrin, Powers & Co. of Kansas City (Cecil 1999).

Insurance underwriter records compiled in 1892 suggest that the distillery was of frame construction and property included a single iron-clad, bonded warehouse located 100 ft NE from the still.

At that time, it was being operated as Mullins & Crigler.

Review bonded warehouse transactions for this distillery

Internal Revenue recorded warehouse transactions for The Buffalo Springs Distillery as follows:
( explain: origin of these records, letter codes )

<top of page

Copyright © 2006-2020 www.pre-pro.com.  All rights reserved.