distillery search  |  pre-pro.com home


The Old Lexington Club Distillery
RD #86, 8 th District
Jessamine County, KY



The distillery was located on Hickman Creek in the small community of Union Mills, 3 m NE of Nicholasville, KY.

According to Zoeller (2010, p. 235), in 1880 it was known as the Almond distillery and was owned by Peck, Warner & Co.

By the mid 1880's, it was operating as the Old Lexington Club distillery, and was owned by Evans T. Warner and J. H. Reed.. Reed was owner of the Old Lexington Club trademark.

In 1890, the distillery was acquired for $10,000 by the Old Lexington Club Distillery Co. (Geo. Gerdes, Pres).

Insurance underwriter records compiled in 1892 suggest that the distillery was built of stone with a metal or slate roof. The property included a frame cattle shed 75 ft SW of the still, and a corn crib. There were three bonded warehouses:
Warehouse A -- iron-clad with a shingle roof, 125 ft NW of the still.
Warehouse B -- frame with a shingle roof, 180 ft NW of the still.
Warehouse C -- frame with a shingle roof, 250 ft NW of the still.

The insurance records show the Old Lexington Club Distilling Co. to have been operating the still.

A Sanborn survey of Kentucky Distilleries published in 1910 includes a may of the plant:

Review bonded warehouse transactions for this distillery

Internal Revenue recorded warehouse transactions for The Old Lexington Club Distillery as follows:
( explain: origin of these records, letter codes )

<top of page

Copyright © 2006-2021 www.pre-pro.com.  All rights reserved.