distillery search | pre-pro.com home
The Worsham Distillery
1881: A news clipping on rootsweb (no longer accessible) suggests that the distillery was built by Elijah W Worsham and Captain J B Johnston under the name of E W Worsham & Co. The distillery was built on a tract of land situated on the L&N railroad between the track and Canoe Creek and it began operations in the winter of 1881.
1887: Worsham assumed sole control and was later joined in running the plant by his two sones Anthony J Worsham and Dewitt C Worsham.
1889: After Elijah Worsham's death, the plant was acquired by Henry Kraver.
1892: Information from insurance underwriter records suggest that the distillery was frame construction with a metal or shingle roof. The property included a single frame warehouse (similar roof construction), 100 ft west of the still. It was being run by the Worsham Dist. Co.
1915: The still was operating under the auspices of the Kentucky Peerless Distilling Co., with Henry Kraver as President and Manager, C M Bullitt, VP, and A E Kraver as Secretary.
1917: The plant was producing 23,200 barrels per annum
The Worsham Distillery provided product that was sold under the following aliases: Internal Revenue recorded warehouse transactions for The Worsham Distillery as follows:
( explain: origin of these records, letter codes )
The Worsham Distillery provided product that was sold under the following aliases:
Internal Revenue recorded warehouse transactions for The Worsham Distillery as follows:
<top of page
Copyright © 2006-2024 www.pre-pro.com. All rights reserved.